Dip dyeing the warp was a long but enjoyable process. My colour way has been inspired by Doi Tung skyline at dawn and dusk. After lots of dyeing experiments, I selected a range of successful colours and developed a tonal range of blues and reds. I didn't want to use too much dye so by adding water to the dye bath a new colour was created. Once the warp was dyed and fixed I left it for one day to dry in the sun.Today I was helped by a team of weavers to beam my warp on a Dobby loom, the process is slightly different so I was very thankful for guidance. The weavers are great at their job and work well togther so the job is very quick!

However theading the warp will take sometime but once I am finished I will be ready to weave!
No comments:
Post a Comment